Health Content Developer
No Patient Alone. At Curatio, we’re on a mission to ensure no patient is alone on their health journey. We are driven to help people live their healthiest lives by using the power of private social networks to provide peer support, curated health content and daily tracking tools in a safe and secure environment. Our platform is trusted by some of the largest healthcare organizations in the world to deliver patient support and engagement that changes lives in over 104 countries and in 20+ languages.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Health Content Writer to join our friendly, compassionate and diverse team. This key role is the heartbeat of user content and daily programs. Part program designer and part writer, you love conceptualizing, writing and delivering written content that delights readers. You have strong copy editing skills and are fanatical about delivering high quality written work that is engaging, fun to read and evidence-based.
The Curatio team works in a virtual environment, with most people working from home. Our team members highly value the company culture, health and wellness perks, and generous benefits. This is a full-time role but we’re most interested in finding the right fit. The company is growing and we are happy to meet with candidates wanting full time, part time or even contract work. You want to join a team that’s making an impact in the world and a company that is growing rapidly.
The ideal candidate will have past experience in developing curated health content for mobile and small screen platforms. A keen researcher, you know the importance of delivering evidence-based information for diverse patient populations. You occasionally like to take a break and work on marketing and corporate copy ideas for fun. You have a high degree of self-direction, autonomy and accountability. You don’t like to be micro-managed and you thrive in a high performance team that is respectful, helpful and collaborative. You appreciate having a good sense of balance, prioritization and humour. You have already found 12 grammatical errors in this post.
The Health Content Writer will be responsible for brainstorming, creating, and developing evidence-based health content, programs and resources for Curatio’s various in-app communities. As a leader in this area, you will balance program writing and development with strategic user engagement activities. In other words, you care deeply about the patient experience, perhaps even have a first hand patient experience, and understand how delivering the right trusted content can be hugely valuable to patients and families.
- Combination education of Arts and Design Degree (s)
- Exposure or experiences within the medical field (ex. nursing, physician, clinician or medical practitioner) is considered a plus
- Experience with curriculum or instructional design methodologies (specifically within a healthcare environment is considered an asset)
- Strong research/analytical skills along with the ability to learn about new user patient populations quickly through self-directed research
- Ability to create content for a range of different platforms including mobile and online environments (i.e. articles, podcasts, videos, and short form content)
- Ability to source, cite and reference health related materials according to specific client requirements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on editing and final proofreading
- Ability to take creative feedback and revision direction based on specific client content requirements
- Passionate about supporting holistic health and wellbeing through engaging lifestyle and educational content amongst a range of different patient groups
- Excellent writing skills with a creative and analytical mind
- A strong sense of resourcefulness and accountability
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Experience with multimedia production/visual graphic design (Adobe Illustrator) along with French/English bilingual abilities are considered major assets
We are an experienced and passionate team of healthcare professionals, PhDs, developers, patients and serial entrepreneurs who are all motivated to make an impact. Titles aside, we are a dedicated and fun loving team that strives to provide an environment where everyone can be their best. Building a positive community is core to our beliefs. Our remote team spans the globe (Canada, US, Europe, etc.), providing a flexible and inclusive work environment that includes a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures. We strive to provide meaning to our collective work, while also rewarding one’s own personal curiosity with technology and innovation.
Excited? Us too! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and let us know what interests you about the role and why you want to join the Curatio rocket ship.
Please note due to the anticipated volume of candidates, only those qualified or shortlisted will be contacted.